What is Magento Maintenance Mode?
Ideally, maintenance mode is a way to display a nice message to users about your site while maintenance is being conducted. It should allow you and administrators to continue to access the store so you can test features and performance before going live.
What do I need to put my Magento store in Maintenance Mode?
To put Magento into maintenance you will want our Magento Maintenance Mode extension. With this extension you can:
- Show a friendly message to users indicating the site is in maintenance
- Ensure that the admin area of the store still works and anyone logged into the admin can view the frontend
- Whitelist IP addresses using advance rules so particular IP addresses can still view the frontend
- Show a warning on the frontend to remind you that the store is in offline mode.
How do I put my Store in Maintenance Mode?
The process is simple. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Maintenance Mode -> Configuration in your store backend.
- Under the General fieldset set the Status to Enabled. Your store will now be in maintenance mode
Remember, you will need maintenance mode extension in order to accomplish this task.
Quick Extension Overview
Easily put the frontend of your store in maintenance mode while you are working on your store. Logged in administrators and anyone on your IP whitelist can easily access the frontend of the store even when in Magento Maintenance Mode.