Automatic currency switching by geoip is a great way to improve store usability international. Imagine if you sell products in USD, but someone from the the United Kingdom visits. Of course they will want to view prices in British Pounds. To automatically switch currencies based on geographic location is very easy. Just follow these steps:
Setup Currencies in Magento
Follow these steps to enable currencies for your store:
- Go to System -> Configuration -> Currency Setup
- Select any of the currencies in the Allowed Currencies field that you want to enable on your store
- Go to System -> Manage Currencies -> Rates and click the Import button to import rates and save the rates
How to switch currencies automatically based on visitor geoip location
Now you have currencies setup, but they are not that useful to customers as they do not automatically see prices in their preferred currency based on location. To resolve this you will want to follow these steps:
- Install Magento Currency Switching extension.
- Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Auto Switcher -> Currency Rules.
- Associate any of the currencies in your Allowed Currencies list with any countries that you want to auto switch to that currency.
Once completed your store will be much more internationally friendly! Have a look at all of our best magento extensions.
Quick Extension Overview
Make your store more personalized and easier to use by gracefully redirecting customers to the proper store and currency based on their geographic location and browser configuration with Extendware’s Magento Store Currency Switching extension. Easy and flexible rules give you full control on switching. Compatible with full page cache systems.